April 14, 2014

Hooked: Something Special. Reflections from Chad and Angela Cooper


I've been going to MTN TOP for 11 years, and each time I go I leave a little piece of my heart in Grundy County. 

MTN TOP allows me the opportunity to partner with families in the area to reach a common goal- whether that goal is  an addition to their home, or renovation of their current living conditions. The relationships I've been able to develop with my families are invaluable. Not only does MTN TOP enable me to meet their physical needs, but to assess and meet their spiritual and emotional needs as well. The families of Grundy County are determined, hard working, humble,  and have always responded with such an attitude of thankfulness that overwhelms me.  It is truly a privilege to work with them and build those relationships.

Speaking of relationships, I've made friends through this ministry that I know I'll have for eternity--- from staff to fellow campers across the U.S.  We may begin the experience as strangers , but we leave as family.

There's something so special about a group of strangers separated by so much---age, gender, geography, experience, and a million other factors----coming together for a common goal: to improve the lives of the people in Grundy County all in our Savior's name.   As a RN, construction work is way out of my comfort zone. That's when I know I have to fully rely on God for the results. It's amazing what He can do with someone with few skills, but a willing heart.

MTN TOP is more than a ministry or a place. It's an attitude of serving, caring, and giving to others that I can practice there and also when I'm back at home in my everyday life. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                         Angela Cooper

I've been going to MTN TOP for 8 years . Every year I come home thinking that is was the best trip I've ever been on, and then the next time is even better!

I've had some construction experience before coming to the Mountain, but it's been amazing to see how a team can come together and accomplish what we do in just 2 days. The last few years, I've been asked to be a point person- this is just the person who oversees the project. I've learned so much from this ministry that back home I've stepped up and done some work on my own.

 MTN TOP has opened many doors for me. I did my first devotion at MTN TOP. I really enjoy coming back every year to see what God has in store for me  and what things I'll learn. I've gained many friends from the Mountain and have shared God with people on my different teams.  It's so amazing to see the family's faces on Saturday when we leave, that the little work that we do makes their life  easier.

 I hope MTN TOP will be here for a long time and continue to help others.

Chad Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment